This is a delightful frosting suitable for a wide variety of cupcakes. You are only limited by your imagination.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp buttermilk
- In a saucepan, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl beat 1/4 cup softened butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add cooled brown butter. Beat until combined.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, ground nutmeg, and a dash of salt. Beat until combined. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons buttermilk until spreadable. Use immediately.