Really, it’s been seven. What’s up with that? Oh, yeah… life.
Ah, no rest for the weary. Anyway. Today I made scampi. It’s one of those fallback recipes for when life is super busy, school has taken up the majority of the day, and I haven’t been able to go to the store. Plus, scampi is full of flavor, and only has five ingredients. How can you go wrong with that?
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup butter
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (I alternate between spaghetti and penne)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a separate pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted and starting to foam, add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turns pink (should take less than 5 minutes).
- Add parsley and pasta. Stir to coat pasta with sauce. Enjoy!