There’s nothing like the fresh taste of strawberries. And add a little cream cheese….oh, heaven. This cupcake recipe is an easy way to take your cupcakes from everyday to exceptional…
- 1 package (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sliced strawberries as a garnish, optional
- Heat oven to 350°. Place paper cupcake liners in 24 muffin cups. Mix cake mix, sour cream, oil, water, and eggs in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Divide evenly between muffin cups.
- Place strawberry preserves in a bowl; stir until smooth. Place 1 piece of cream cheese on top of batter in each cupcake, pressing slightly. Place 1/4 teaspoon of preserves over cream cheese.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly. Remove from pans; cool. Frost with Cream Cheese frosting. Garnish each cupcake with strawberry slices just before serving.